Tuesday, November 2, 2010

An Autumn Morning at Lowther Park

About 20 minutes or so down the road from where I live there's a beautiful parkland with lots of walking trails (and lots of sheep!). At the centre of this parkland lies the ruins of Lowther Park. I was fortunate enough this Halloween to spend the morning walking in the (slightly sodden) park and surrounding area.

I didn't do much else that was especially 'Halloweeny' - but I think you'll agree that the house is suitably spooky looking and the parkland is pretty amazing with all the Autumn colours (despite the obligatory English rain). Had to take these photos with my phone unfortunately, as I couldn't take my 'baby' (my Nikon SLR) with me - she wouldn't have stood up to several hours in the rain.

















Happy (belated) Halloween! xx


8 comments:

Naturally Carol said...

Hi Melissa, just browsing and came across your lovely autumn trails, trees like these are my favourites. Love Audrey Hepburn as well!

Melissa said...

hello lovely gal....
just how beautiful is your part of this country!!
i looooooove cumbria!!!!

love your photos...loved all the ones i managed to take whilst walking your gorgeous hills with 5 kiddos in tow!!

feel like i have been out of bloggy action for tooo long!!
i'm back and loving catching up on my reading!
hope you having a lovely autumnal week dear friend...not long till the big brrr for us all!
melissa xx

Signe said...

Great autumn images :)

Claire Kiefer said...

Your Halloween sounds far more authentic than mine (I watched the World Series on my couch!). What a beautiful castle--so dreamlike to those of us who live so far away from anything that magical.

Laura said...

Beautiful pictures... they really make me long for home and beautiful Autumn walks in the English countryside... Just perfect. Lx

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

Hey you,

How's your day so far? I stayed up FAR too late last night (no good reason either!!) so I'm really feeling it today!

Your photos really capture the eesence of English countryside. The lus greenness. Beautiful Cumbria does get quite a lot of rain, doesn't it...but then it's so green to make up for it, I guess.

Sarahxx

*Maristella* said...

Hi Melissa...questo luogo รจ davvero meraviglioso!! Lovely!! Un caro saluto, *Maristella*.

Emma Burgess said...

These photos are beautiful- what a talent! Emma. xx