Friday, November 12, 2010

A Friday Flower

Todays Friday Flower is for one of my close friends who lost her Dad just recently to cancer. I chose daffodils as this flower is a symbol of cancer support both here in the UK and back home in Australia. I love the idea of this sunny flower representing hope.



Of course, it's completely the wrong time of year here for dafs, but this is a bunch I picked earlier this year when these beautiful flowers were in full bloom.

For more lovely Friday Flowers, don't forget to pop by and visit two of my very lovely bloggy friends, Laura at A Place for Tea and Melissa at Miss Sew & So.


I hope you're all looking forward to a lovely weekend! xx


8 comments:

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

Melissa, I'm so osrry to hear about your friend's loss. That's so sad.

These daffodils are lovely. I'm looking forward to when they resurface.

Sarahx

Signe said...

I am so sorry to hear about your friends dad! Send her my best wishes!

Hugs,
Signe

KarisB88 said...

(I presuming you are refering to me??)

Thank you so much, this is very thoughtful of you :-)

You've been a great friend and a great support for me, thanks again xxx

melissa said...

Karis, of course this was about you! Big, big hugs xx

Melissa said...

hello lovely girl...

so sorry to hear about your friends loss...it is just heart breaking...
i sometimes look at my kids & just try & stop & really think about the moment...
am i slightly morbid???
one never knows what life will bring....

thankyou for your gorgeous friday flower...it so reminds me of home...x

melissa xxx

p.s loved your last post- if you wear any of it..sit in any of it...or do any of it...invite me with you...

xoxox

Elizabeth said...

(((hugs))) to your friend. Losing a father is so hard.

Your daffodils are lovely.

Life in the Country Lane said...

Sorry to hear about your friends father. Sending big Aussie hugs to you both. Love daffodils for the shape and the vibrant color.
Rebecca x

Biljana said...

Sorry to your friend loss.
Your flowers is lovely:)
Hugs, Biljana