Thursday, September 23, 2010

Autumn's On Its Way

This last week or two, the weather has been getting decidely chillier and there is a freshness in the air that signals one thing - autumn is coming. The leaves are just starting to turn on the trees and the hedgerows are full bright red berries.

I have a definite sense to the seasons being distinct from each other in the UK whereas they seem to kind of slide into each other back in Australia. Despite the fact that I'm a bit sad to see summer go, I do love autumn here and watching the leaves turn on the trees.

I've not been taking many of my own photos lately, so earlier in the week when the rain decided to buzz off for an hour or two, I went for a hike up the one of the country lanes just opposite my house and took a few snaps to try and capture that autumn feel.


I think this is my favourite shot...




I've yet to take a photo that truly captures how vast these mountains actually look, but I intend to keep trying!




I just had to snap these mushrooms which were growing about 15 feet up this old tree




I just loved the colour of this cow parsley against the fields



I think these red berries just look so bright against all the green. It might look like a muddy field in the background, but once upon a time that was a Roman fortification from which the village I live in got its name.


I hope you're having a lovely week! xx


4 comments:

Laura said...

Home sweet home... Thank you! Lx

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

They are great photos.

I especially like your favourite one. The red of the berries is gorgeous again the stile.

I love British weather. I know we get rain in our summer but it does keep everything lush and green. At least that's what I keep telling myself!!

Tricia said...

What beautiful photos...I especially like the first one and the way the red berries just pop out.

Gillian said...

sigh...such a beautiful part of the world :)
your photos are Lovely!