Sunday, August 21, 2011

English Summer Days

I've been away enjoying a much needed rest the last few weeks and I was lucky enough to get away for a few days to one of my absolute favourite places in England - Bath. The city of Bath is a world heritage site, and when you visit this remarkable city there is no mistaking why.

The beautiful stone houses, the grand sweeping streets and the bustling energy of the place (okay, bustling compared to Cumbria!) make it a wonderful place and since the sun was nice enough to shine the whole time, it was just about as perfect as you get!

In my short visit I manage to cram in a whole lot and here are some of the things I would put on my 'must-do' list if you get the chance to go to this charming town.


The Parade Gardens

The Parade Gardens

The Jane Austen Center

The Royal Crescent

The Roman Spa Museum

Inside the Roman Spa Museum

The Roman Spa Museum again (yep, that's me!)

Sally Lunn's Bar & Restaurant

I also managed to fit in some shopping, a few ciders in the sunshine and got to visit Jamie's Italian (as in Jamie Oliver) and while I know he wasn't cooking it was still really cool!

Have a lovely week!



2 comments:

LindyLouMac said...

Thankyou for remind me of how much I like Bath with this virtual tour :)

Beadie Eyed Edie said...

This has certainly made me put Bath on my 'list' of places to visit :)